Areas of Interest
- Archean gold metallogeny, Pyrite geochemistry and sulfur isotopes, Role of early Earth biosphere in crustal gold fixation
Honors and Awards
|SEG award for training at Carlin type gold deposits, Nevada, USA||Society of Economic Geologists (SEG), Colorado, USA||2017|
|Society of Economic Geologists (SEG), student grant||Society of Economic Geologists (SEG), USA||2018|
|IsoAstro Geochronology Grant||Boise State University, Idaho, USA||2016|
|RESTORE workshop grant award||Irish Centre for Research in Applied Geosciences (ICRAG) and UNESCO, Dublin, Ireland||2019|
|PhD||Economic Geology||IIT (ISM) Dhanbad||2020|
|MSc||Applied Geology||Pondicherry University||2015|
|BSc||Geology Hons||St. Xavier's College, Ranchi||2013|
- Society of Economic Geologists (SEG), USA, Member
- Society for Geology Applied to Mineral Deposits (SGA), Germany, Member
- Geological Society of America (GSA), Member
|Title||Course Code||Class Name||Semester|
|Mineral Exploration||ESN 302||Geological Technology||Spring|
Visits to outside institutions
|Institute Visited||Purpose of Visit||Date|
|Carlin gold camp, Nevada, USA||Training on Carlin type gold deposits||2017-07-15|
|Keystone, Colorado, USA||Research Presentation at SEG annual meeting||2018-09-28|
|University College, Dublin, Ireland||Workshop organized by Irish Centre for Research in Applied Geosciences (ICRAG)||2019-07-01|
|CNCC, Beijing, China||Research Presentation at AOGS (Asia Oceania Geoscience Society) meeting||2016-07-31|
Referred Journal Papers
- A modified placer origin for refractory gold mineralization within the Archean radioactive quartz-pebble conglomerates from the eastern part of the Singhbhum Craton, India, Chakravarti R, Singh S, Venkatesh AS, Patel K, Sahoo PR, Society of Economic Geologists (SEG) USA., 2018 , Economic Geology , 113 (3) vols
- Genesis of metasomatic gold mineralization in the Pahardiha-Rungikocha gold deposit, eastern India: Constraints from trace element signatures in chromite-cored magnetite and bulk rock geochemistry, Barla A, Singh S, Chakravarti R, Elsevier, 2020 , Ore Geology Reviews , 121 vols
- Genetic constraints and possible mechanism of gold mineralization within the carbonaceous metasedimentary units of the Dalma volcano-sedimentary Belt, North Singhbhum Mobile Belt: Implications from pyrite geochemistry, carbon and sulfur isotope studies, Khatun M, Singh S, Chakravarti R, Venkatesh AS, Wiley, 2019 , Geological Journal , 55 (7) vols
- Gold Mineralization Within Quartz Pebble Conglomerates of Gorumahisani-Badampahar Schist Belt, Singhbhum Craton, Eastern India, Chakravarti R, Singh S, Venkatesh AS, Gondwana Geological Society, 2017 , Journal of Geosciences Research , Sp. v. 1 vols
- Palaeo-weathering characteristics and nature of source lithology of a carbonaceous metasedimentary unit in the Dalma volcano-sedimentary belt, North Singhbhum Belt, eastern India, Khatun M, Singh S, Chakravarti R, Springer, 2019 , Journal of the Geological Society of India , 94 vols
National/International Conference Proceedings
Ø Chakravarti R, Singh S, Venkatesh AS, Barla A (2018). Deducing Source Lithology and Nature of Gold Mineralization Within Archean-Proterozoic Quartz Pebble Conglomerates from the Singhbhum Craton, Eastern India. Society of Economic Geologists (SEG) annual meeting, Keystone, Colorado, USA.
Ø Patel K, Chakravarti R, Singh S (2018) Provenance characteristics of Au+U bearing quartz pebble conglomerates of Singhbhum Craton. 80th EAGE (European association of Geoscientists and Engineers) conference and exhibition, Copenhagen (2018). Extended abstract,DOI: 10.3997/2214-4609.201801702.
Ø Chakravarti R, Singh S, Venkatesh AS, Patel K (2018). Pyrite hosted refractory gold mineralization within Archean quartz pebble conglomerates of Singhbhum craton: Implications from petrography, SEM, EPMA and LA-ICP-MS studies. National Seminar on Dynamics of Surface and Subsurface Geological Processes, Pondicherry University, Pondicherry, India.
Ø R Chakravarti, S Mahanta, S Singh, PR Sahoo, and AS Venkatesh (2016). Source characterization of Quartz Pebble Conglomerates (QPC) within the Gorumahisani-Badampahar Belt, Singhbhum Orissa Iron Ore Craton, India: Implications for radioactive and gold mineralization. China National Convention Centre, AOGS (Asia Oceania Geosciences Society) Annual Meeting. Beijing, China
R. Chakravarti R, S. Mahanta, S. Singh and A. S. Venkatesh (2016). Rare Au-U mineralization within quartz-pebble-conglomerates from the Gorumahisani-Badampahar Belt, Singhbhum-Orissa Iron Ore Craton, India: Implication from SEM, EPMA and petrographic studies. RASE (Recent Advances in Science and Engineering), at IIT (ISM), Dhanbad, India.
Ø Chakravarti R, Singh S, Venkatesh AS (2016) Hydrothermal origin of gold occurrences within quartz-pebble-conglomerates of Gorumahisani-Badampahar Schist belt, Singhbhum Craton, eastern India. Geosciences for Sustainability, IIT(ISM) Dhanbad. Abstract volume, p. 151.