Areas of Interest
- Structural Geology:, Structural analysis of brittle and ductile shear zones, Tectonics:, Micro- to Meso- scale tectonics of deformed terranes , Geochronology:, Geochronology of shear zones
|2020-01-01||Ongoing||Assistant Professor||IIT Roorkee|
|2019-01-01||1 year||Research Associate||IIT Bombay|
Honors and Awards
|Ph.D.||Structural Geology||IIT Bombay||2019|
|M.Sc.||Applied Geology||University of Allahabad||2013|
- EGU Tectonics and Structural Geology Group, Early Career Scientist Member
- European Geosciences Union, Member
- International Union of Geological Sciences (IUGS), Young Earth Scientist Member
Visits to outside institutions
|Institute Visited||Purpose of Visit||Date|
|Austria Center Vienna, Austria||Poster presentation at EGU (European Geosciences Union) General Assembly 2016||2016-01-01|
|Cutting carbon in the geosciences: conference participation versus online streaming and fieldwork versus remote observations||European Geosciences Union||2020-01|
Published In Refereed Journals:
(1) Tiwari, S.K., Beniest, A., Biswal, T.K., 2020. Variation in vorticity of flow during exhumation of lower crustal rocks (Neoproterozoic Ambaji granulite, NW India). Journal of Structural Geology, 130, 103912.
(2) Tiwari, S.K., Beniest, A., Biswal, T.K., 2020. Extension driven brittle exhumation of the lower-middle crustal rocks, a paleostress reconstruction of the Neoproterozoic Ambaji Granulite, NW India. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences, 195,104341.
(3) Tiwari, S.K., Biswal, T.K., 2020. Bookshelf and shearband boudinage of a feldspar clast in a shear zone of the Ambaji Granulite, NW India. International Journal of Earth Sciences, 109, 1869–1870.
(4) Tiwari, S.K., Biswal, T.K., 2019. Dynamics, EPMA Th‐U‐Total Pb Monazite Geochronology and Tectonic Implications of Deformational Fabric in the Lower‐Middle Crustal Rocks: A Case Study of Ambaji Granulite, NW India. Tectonics, 38, 2232–2254.
(5) Tiwari, S.K., Biswal, T.K., 2019. Palaeostress and magma pressure measurement of granite veins in the Neoproterozoic Ambaji granulite, South Delhi terrane, Aravalli–Delhi mobile belt, NW India: Implication towards extension driven exhumation of middle-lower crustal rocks. Journal of Earth System Science, 128(6), 1-13.
(6) Biswal, T.K., Tiwari, S.K., 2016. Structural analysis and mineral potentiality of quartz veins emplaced in the mica schist of South Delhi terrane, around Ambaji (Gujarat) and Deri (Rajasthan), NW India. SGAT Bulletin 17, 24-36.
Papers presented in Conferences:
(1) Tiwari, S.K., Beniest, A., Biswal, T.K., 2020. The kinematic vorticity analysis of ductile shear zones of Ambaji Granulite, NW India and its tectonic implications. Geophysical Research Abstracts, EGU2020-7397, EGU General Assembly 2020 (Online discussion).
(2) Tiwari, S.K., Biswal, T.K., 2019. Deformation and tectonothermal history of Ambaji granulite, South Delhi terrane, Aravalli Delhi mobile belt, India. 3rd National Geo-Research Scholars Meet at Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology, 44p. (Poster Session)
(3) Tiwari, S.K., Chatterjee, S., Biswal, T.K., Dhaple, R., 2018. Analysis of paleopezometry, temperature and strain rate from dynamically recrystallized quartz grains in the different shear zones of Ambaji granulite, NW India. RDS V, 53p. (Oral Presentation).
(4) Tiwari, S.K., Biswal, T.K., 2016. Proterozoic tectono-magmatic processes in Aravalli- Delhi Mobile Belt, NW India and its implication to Columbia and Rodinia Supercontinents. In Seminar Abstract Volume: Developments in Geosciences in the past decade- Emerging Trends for the future & impact on Society & Annual General Meeting of the Geological Society of India 2016, pp 438-439. (Oral Presentation).
(5) Tiwari, S.K., Biswal, T.K., 2016. Field and Microstructure Study of Transpressive Jogdadi shear zone near Ambaji, Aravalli- Delhi Mobile Belt, NW India and its tectonic implication on the exhumation of granulites. Geophysical Research Abstracts Vol. 18, EGU2016-15133-3, EGU General Assembly 2016. (Poster Session).
(6) Tiwari, S.K., Biswal, T.K., 2016. Microscopic and field study of deformation pattern in the Jogdadi shear zone of Ambaji area, South Delhi Terrane, Gujarat, NW India; International Conference on Geosciences and Environment & 32nd Annual Convention of Indian Association of Sedimentologists (ICGENIAS-2015)- Jan 7-10, 2016, 48p. (Oral Presentation).
(7) Tiwari, S.K., Biswal, T.K., Deshmukh Ramesh, Chandrasekhar, E., 2015. The Groundwater modeling and resource management by geological mapping: A case study from Ambaji basin, Gujarat NW India; Proceedings of the India International Science Festival- Young Scientists’ Meet Department of Science and Technology, Government of India – Dec 4-8, 2015, Paper Code: Water 36, pp 1- 13. (Oral Presentation).
(8) Singh, N., Tiwari, S.K., Sivalingam, B., Biswal, T.K., 2014. Deformation pattern in the brittle-ductile shear zone in the BKSK granulites terrane of Ambaji area, South Delhi Terrane, Gujarat. RDS-III. 100p. (Poster Session)